The time now is 04/20/14 - 16:56
Log in: Username: Password:
Search forums for:
  
JOIN RunningForums NOW!
FAQ Search    Articles Register Log in

No more dial-up!


www.runningforums.com Forum Index -> Riff-Raff Hang Out Goto page 1, 2   Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic
Molly600
Member
Reply with quote
Joined: 15 May 2002
Posts: 4803
| Back to top
PostPosted: 12/31/02 - 13:37    Post subject: No more dial-up!
Woo hoooo! We finally got digital cable and internet service, so no more slowwwwww dial-up to get on-line! It's so much better, plus now the phone line isn't tied up. What a difference. Now I can send an email in less than 5 minutes!!!! Although of course the email info they gave me to sign up doesn't work so I'm on hold with technical support....maybe they will pick up before the new year!
Cappy
Excelent
Reply with quote
Joined: 16 May 2002
Posts: 27367
Location: Spreadsheetylvania
| Back to top
PostPosted: 12/31/02 - 13:41    Post subject:
I have a cable modem at home and its great, wouldn't give it up for anything. Downloads and Uploads are incredibly fast
runswithscissors
Member
Reply with quote
Joined: 15 May 2002
Posts: 8796
Location: In a badger state of mind
| Back to top
PostPosted: 12/31/02 - 13:42    Post subject:
Gotta love fast internet and email. Someday I'll fork out the cash for it at home. Until then, using it at work is a luxury.
Molly600
Member
Reply with quote
Joined: 15 May 2002
Posts: 4803
| Back to top
PostPosted: 12/31/02 - 14:30    Post subject:
runswithscissors wrote:
Gotta love fast internet and email. Someday I'll fork out the cash for it at home. Until then, using it at work is a luxury.


we actually got such a great deal with changing to it and digital cable it was cheaper to switch, plus we now get free HBO! Pretty cool! (cable still stinks and is too expensive, but compared to what it costed alone and what dial-up cost, the switch was a "good deal")
runswithscissors
Member
Reply with quote
Joined: 15 May 2002
Posts: 8796
Location: In a badger state of mind
| Back to top
PostPosted: 12/31/02 - 14:32    Post subject:
Molly600 wrote:
runswithscissors wrote:
Gotta love fast internet and email. Someday I'll fork out the cash for it at home. Until then, using it at work is a luxury.


we actually got such a great deal with changing to it and digital cable it was cheaper to switch, plus we now get free HBO! Pretty cool! (cable still stinks and is too expensive, but compared to what it costed alone and what dial-up cost, the switch was a "good deal")


We have no cable. I am still trying to get the internet to come through the bunny ears...
Laurie Ellen
Queenie
Reply with quote
Joined: 14 May 2002
Posts: 11286
Location: The Dark Side of the Moon
| Back to top
PostPosted: 12/31/02 - 14:32    Post subject:
How's the little man, Molly? I wanna hold him.
Molly600
Member
Reply with quote
Joined: 15 May 2002
Posts: 4803
| Back to top
PostPosted: 12/31/02 - 14:36    Post subject:
Laurie Ellen wrote:
How's the little man, Molly? I wanna hold him.


He's a little sweetie! Like my new avatar???

We're still not on much of a schedule, but knock on wood he's been sleeping at night pretty well, going 3 hours or so in between feedings the last few nights (after a few rough nights where he didn't want to sleep). He's got reflux, so he's on baby Zantac, which hopefully has been helping. Poor little guy. But he's just so sweet and cute, I still can't believe he's here. He's pretty happy and looks around a lot with wide-eyes, really doesn't cry much (let's hope that keeps up!). He's definitely a keeper!!! Mr. Green
purple hayes
Frightened Inmate #2
Reply with quote
Joined: 14 May 2002
Posts: 14461
Location: ON YOUR LEFT!
| Back to top
PostPosted: 12/31/02 - 14:38    Post subject:
Cappy wrote:
I have a cable modem at home and its great, wouldn't give it up for anything. Downloads and Uploads are incredibly fast


1
runswithscissors
Member
Reply with quote
Joined: 15 May 2002
Posts: 8796
Location: In a badger state of mind
| Back to top
PostPosted: 12/31/02 - 14:50    Post subject:
Molly600 wrote:

...We're still not on much of a schedule...


HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! (sorry)
You will not have a schedule until that boy leaves the house! Just a warning... Razz
Molly600
Member
Reply with quote
Joined: 15 May 2002
Posts: 4803
| Back to top
PostPosted: 12/31/02 - 16:27    Post subject:
runswithscissors wrote:
Molly600 wrote:

...We're still not on much of a schedule...


HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! (sorry)
You will not have a schedule until that boy leaves the house! Just a warning... Razz


Shocked aw....come on....maybe just a little??? Wink
runswithscissors
Member
Reply with quote
Joined: 15 May 2002
Posts: 8796
Location: In a badger state of mind
| Back to top
PostPosted: 12/31/02 - 16:30    Post subject:
Molly600 wrote:
runswithscissors wrote:
Molly600 wrote:

...We're still not on much of a schedule...


HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! (sorry)
You will not have a schedule until that boy leaves the house! Just a warning... Razz


Shocked aw....come on....maybe just a little??? Wink


Do me a favor. Look at your avatar for a minute. Notice the little smirk? He is saying,"Hehehe...Mom and Dad are screwed..."
shelflifers
Member
Reply with quote
Joined: 10 Jun 2002
Posts: 18633
Location: Austin, TX
| Back to top
PostPosted: 12/31/02 - 16:31    Post subject:
A new kid and Digital Cable? Molly, you're livin la vida loca, baby!!!

Because we transferred our service we were eligible for the new deal as well so we gotz HBO and Skinemax for free too. What the H? could they have any more channels? HBO Western...HBO Sci Fi...I'm waiting for the HBO Shopping Network...
Molly600
Member
Reply with quote
Joined: 15 May 2002
Posts: 4803
| Back to top
PostPosted: 12/31/02 - 16:31    Post subject:
runswithscissors wrote:
Molly600 wrote:
runswithscissors wrote:
Molly600 wrote:

...We're still not on much of a schedule...


HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! (sorry)
You will not have a schedule until that boy leaves the house! Just a warning... Razz


Shocked aw....come on....maybe just a little??? Wink


Do me a favor. Look at your avatar for a minute. Notice the little smirk? He is saying,"Hehehe...Mom and Dad are screwed..."


oh no....I think we are in for it!!!!! Wink
shelflifers
Member
Reply with quote
Joined: 10 Jun 2002
Posts: 18633
Location: Austin, TX
| Back to top
PostPosted: 12/31/02 - 17:37    Post subject:
Hey AM. since you have HBO keep your eye out for Best In Show! It was on a couple days ago. Man, that movie is a riot!!!
AlaninTX
Member
Reply with quote
Joined: 14 May 2002
Posts: 6582
Location: Austin, Texas
| Back to top
PostPosted: 12/31/02 - 18:18    Post subject:
What is "dial up?"
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2   Next

www.runningforums.com Forum Index -> Riff-Raff Hang Out

Page 1 of 2

Related topics:
FKEC SUCKS, but dial-up can still work

 




Privacy Policy | Registration terms | Contact us